Journal publications :
1) Mohnish Kapil, Bruce Sutherland, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Spreading and sedimentation from bottom-propagating particle-bearing jets, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Vol.907, Pg.1-19, (2021).
2) Partho Mukherjee, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Diapycnal mixing efficiency in lock-exchange gravity currents, Physical Review Fluids. Vol.6, No.013801, Pg.1-12, (2021).
3) A Rubam V Menezes, S Balsubramanian, K Srinivasan, Shock-boundary layer-interaction control through recirculation in a hypersonic inlet, ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering. Vol.142, No.11, Pg.1-4, (2020).
4) Sridhar Balasubramanian, Vamsi K Chalamalla, Super cyclone Amphan: A dynamical case study, arXiv. Vol.2007.02982, (2020).
5) Ayan Banerjee, Amitabh Bhattcharya, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Investigation of heat transfer characteristics in a rotatng convection system with bi-directional thermal gradients, Journal of Heat Transfer. Vol.143, No.1, (2020).
6) V Praveen, V Valsala, RA Ajayamohan, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Oceanic mixing over the northern Arabian Sea in a warming scenario: A tug of war between wind and buoyancy forces, Journal of Physical Oceanography. Vol.50, No.4, Pg.945-964, (2020).
7) Harish N Mirajkar, Partho Mukherjee, Sridhar Balasubramanian, PIV study on the dynamics of a forced plume in a stratified ambient, Journal of Flow Visualization and Image Processing. (2020).
8) Partho Mukherjee, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Energetics and mixing efficiency of lock-exchange gravity currents using simultaneous velocity and density fields, Physical Review Fluids. Vol.5, No.063802, Pg.1-18, (2020).
9) Shikha Singh, Vinu Valsala, AG Prajeesh, Sridhar Balasubramanian, On the variability of Arabian Sea mixing and its energetics, Journal of Geophysical Research - Oceans. Vol.124, No.11, Pg.7817-7836, (2019).
10) Avick Sinha, Shivasubramanian Gopalakrishnan, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Experimental study of external characteristics of a flashing water jet in water, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. Vol.78, No.108424, Pg.1-9, (2019).
11) Sridhar Balasubramanian, An experimental approach towards modeling atmosphere and ocean mixing processes, Climate Change Signals and Responses: A Strategic Knowlegde Compendium for India. Pg.127-146, (2019).
12) A. Ruban, V. Menezes, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Boundary-Layer Control for effective hypersonic intake, Journal of Propulsion and Power. Vol.34, No.6, Pg.1612-1614, (2018).
13) Sridhar Balasubramanian, Harish Mirajkar, Ayan Banerjee, Role of dispersed particles on the dynamics of an umbrella cloud of a forced plume in a linearly stratified environment, Environmental Fluid Mechanics. Vol.18, No.3, (2018).
14) Ayan Banerjee, Amitabh Bhattacharya, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Experimental study of rotating convection in the presence of bi-directional thermal gradients with localized heating, AIP Advances. Vol.8, No.11, Pg.115324, (2018).
15) Rishabh More, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Mixing dynamics in double-diffusive convective startified fluid layers, Current Science. Vol.114, No.9, Pg.1953-1960, (2018).
16) Vinu K Valsala, Shikha Singh, Sridhar Balasubramanian, A modelinf study of interannual variability of Bay of Bengal mixing and barrier layer formation, Journal of Geophysical Research - Oceans (in press). (2018).
17) Sridhar Balasubramanian, Qiang Zhong, Entrainment and mixing in lock-exchange gravity currents using simultaneous velocity-density measurements, Physics of Fluids. Vol.30, No.5, Pg.056601-1-14, (2018).
18) Avick Sinha, Rajesh Chauhan, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Characterization of a superheated water jet released into water using Proper Orthogonal Decomposition method, ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering. Vol.140, No.8, Pg.081107-081107-8, (2018).
19) Harish Mirajkar, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Effects of varying ambient stratification strengths on the dynamics of a turbulent buoyant plume, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. Vol.143, No.7, Pg.04017013 (1-10), (2017).
20) Harish N., Alan John Maniamkot, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Experimental Study of Boundary Effects on Buoyant Jet in Linearly Stratified Medium, Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power–Contemporary Research. Pg.737-745, (2017).
21) Ayan Kumar Banerjee, Siddhesh Tirodkar, Amitabh Bhattacharya, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Convection in rotating flows with simultaneous imposition of radial and vertical temperature gradients, International Symposium on Stratified Flows. Vol.1, Pg.8, (2016).
22) Harish N Mirajkar, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Dynamics of a buoyant plume in a linearly stratified environment using simultaneous PIV-PLIF measurements, International Symposium on Stratified Flows. Vol.1, Pg.8, (2016).
23) G. Orlicz, S. Balasubramanian, K. Prestridge, Investigation of Mach Number Dependence on the Richtmyer-Meshkov Mixing Transition for a Shocked Heavy-Gas Curtain, International Symposium on Shock Waves. Pg.1101-1106, (2015).
24) Avick Sinha, Shivasubramanian Gopalakrishnan, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Internal and external characteristics of a superheated jet, Computational Methods in Multiphase Flow VIII. Vol.89, Pg.225, (2015).
25) Orlicz, G.C., Balasubramanian, S., Vorobieff, P., Prestridge K.P., Mixing transition in a shocked variable-density flow, Physics of Fluids. Vol.27, No.114102, Pg.1-23, (2015).
26) Sinha, Avick, Gopalakrishnan, Shivasubramanian and Balasubramanian, Sridhar, A numerical study on dynamics of spray jets, Sadhana (Springer India Publication). Vol.40, No.3, Pg.787-802, (2015).
27) Mirajkar, Harish N. and Tirodkar, Siddhesh and Balasubramanian, Sridhar, Experimental study on growth and spread of dispersed particle-laden plume in a linearly stratified environment, Environmental Fluid Mechanics. Vol.15, No.6, Pg.1241-1262, (2015).
28) Orlicz, G. C. and Balasubramanian, S. and Prestridge, K. P., Incident shock Mach number effects on Richtmyer-Meshkov mixing in a heavy gas layer, Physics of Fluids. Vol.25, No.11, (2013).
29) S. Balasubramanian and G. C. Orlicz and K. P. Prestridge, Experimental study of initial condition dependence on turbulent mixing in shock-accelerated Richtmyer-Meshkov fluid layers, Journal of Turbulence. Vol.14, No.3, Pg.170-196, (2013).
30) Balasubramanian, S. & Ecke, R.E., Experimental Study of Rayleigh-Bénard Convection in the Presence of Rotation, International Journal of Materials, Mechanics & Manufacturing. Vol.1, No.2, Pg.148-152, (2013).
31) K.P. Prestridge, G.C. Orlicz, S. Balasubramanian & B.J. Balakumar, Review: Experiments of the Richtmyer-Meshkov instability, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. Vol.371, No.2003, (2013).
32) Balasubramanian, S., Orlicz, G.C., Prestridge K.P., Balakumar B.J., Experimental study of initial condition dependence on Richtmyer-Meshkov instability in the presence of reshock, Physics of Fluids. Vol.24, No.3, (2012).
33) K Prestridge, S. Balasubramanian, G Orlicz, Effect of initial conditions on mixing in Richtmyer-Meshkov turbulence experiments, International Symposium on Shock Waves. Pg.321-327, (2012).
34) Balakumar, B.J., Orlicz, G.C., Balasubramanian, S., Ristorcelli, J.R., Prestridge K.P., Turbulent mixing in a Richtmyer-Meshkov fluid layer after reshock: Velocity & density statistics, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Vol.696, Pg.67-93, (2012).
35) C.A. Klettner, S. Balasubramanian, J.C.R. Hunt, H.J.S. Fernando, S. I. Voropayev & I. Eames, Drawdown and run-up of tsunami waves on sloping beaches, Proceedings of the ICE - Engineering and Computational Mechanics. Vol.165, Pg.119-129, (2012).
36) A Gowardhan, S Balasubramanian, FF Grinstein, K Prestridge, Analysis of computational and laboratory shocked gas-curtain experiments, AIAA Journal. Vol.3040, Pg.9, (2011).
37) Balasubramanian, S., Prestridge K.P., Orlicz, G.C., Balakumar B.J., Influence of initial conditions on turbulent mixing in shock driven Richtmyer-Meshkov flows, AIAA Journal. Vol.3710, Pg.11, (2011).
38) Balasubramanian, S., Voropayev, S.I., Fernando, H.J.S., Heterogeneous sediment beds under weak oscillatory flow and turbulence: Ripples transformation and decay, Ocean Engineering. Vol.38, No.17-18, Pg.2281-2289, (2011).
39) GC Orlicz, S Balasubramanian, KP Prestridge, BJ Balakumar, Investigation of Mach number effects on the Richtmyer-Meshkov instability using simultaneous PIV and PLIF imaging diagnostics, AIAA Journal. Vol.3709, Pg.9, (2011).
40) BJ Balakumar, KP Prestridge, G Orlicz, S. Balasubramanian, C Tomkins, High resolution experimental measurements of Richtmyer-Meshkov Turbulence in Fluid Layers after Reshock using Simultaneous PIV-PLIF, AIP Conference Proceedings. Vol.1195, No.1, Pg.659-662, (2010).
41) Balasubramanian, S., Voropayev, S.I., Fernando, H.J.S., Grain sorting and degradation of sand ripples under oscillatory flow and turbulence, Journal of Turbulence. Vol.9, No.17, Pg.1-19, (2008).
42) Fernando, H.J.S., Samarawickrama, S.P., Balasubramanian, S., Hettiarachchi, S.S.L., Voropayev, S.I., Effects of porous barriers such as coral reefs on coastal wave propagation, Journal of Hydro- Environment Research. Vol.1, No.3-4, Pg.187-194, (2008).
43) S.I. Voropayev, S. Balasubramanian & H.J.S. Fernando, Grain sorting on sand ripples in heterogeneous sediments, Journal of Visualization. Vol.11, No.1, (2008).
44) F.Y. Testik, S.I. Voropayev, H.J.S. Fernando & S. Balasubramanian, Mine burial in the shoaling zone: scaling of laboratory results to oceanic situations, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. Vol.32, No.1, Pg.204-213, (2007).
45) S.I. Voropayev, F.Y. Testik, H.J.S. Fernando & S. Balasubramanian, Sediment transport, ripple dynamics and object burial under shoaling waves, Particle Laden Flow: From Geophysical to Kolmogorov Scales. Vol.11, Pg.15-27, (2007).
46) F.Y. Testik, S.I. Voropayev, S. Balasubramanian & H.J.S. Fernando, Self-similarity of asymmetric sand-ripple profiles formed under nonlinear shoaling waves, Physics of Fluids. Vol.18, No.10, (2006).