Journal publications :
1) Sridhar Balasubramanian, Qiang Zhong, Entrainment and mixing in lock-exchange gravity currents using simultaneous velocity-density measurements, Physics of Fluids. Vol.30, No.5, Pg.056601-1-14, (2018).
2) Avick Sinha, Rajesh Chauhan, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Characterization of a superheated water jet released into water using Proper Orthogonal Decomposition method, ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering. Vol.140, No.8, Pg.081107-081107-8, (2018).
3) Vinu K Valsala, Shikha Singh, Sridhar Balasubramanian, A modelinf study of interannual variability of Bay of Bengal mixing and barrier layer formation, Journal of Geophysical Research - Oceans (in press). (2018).
4) Rishabh More, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Mixing dynamics in double-diffusive convective startified fluid layers, Current Science. Vol.114, No.9, Pg.1953-1960, (2018).
5) Sridhar Balasubramanian, An experimental approach towards modeling atmosphere and ocean mixing processes, Climate Change Signals and Responses: A Strategic Knowlegde Compendium for India. (2018).
6) Sridhar Balasubramanian, Harish Mirajkar, Ayan Banerjee, Role of dispersed particles on the dynamics of an umbrella cloud of a forced plume in a linearly stratified environment, Environmental Fluid Mechanics. Vol.18, No.3, (2018).
7) Harish N., Alan John Maniamkot, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Experimental Study of Boundary Effects on Buoyant Jet in Linearly Stratified Medium, Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power–Contemporary Research. Pg.737-745, (2017).
8) Harish Mirajkar, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Effects of varying ambient stratification strengths on the dynamics of a turbulent buoyant plume, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. Vol.143, No.7, Pg.04017013 (1-10), (2017).
9) Harish N Mirajkar, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Dynamics of a buoyant plume in a linearly stratified environment using simultaneous PIV-PLIF measurements, International Symposium on Stratified Flows. Vol.1, Pg.8, (2016).
10) Ayan Kumar Banerjee, Siddhesh Tirodkar, Amitabh Bhattacharya, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Convection in rotating flows with simultaneous imposition of radial and vertical temperature gradients, International Symposium on Stratified Flows. Vol.1, Pg.8, (2016).
11) Mirajkar, Harish N. and Tirodkar, Siddhesh and Balasubramanian, Sridhar, Experimental study on growth and spread of dispersed particle-laden plume in a linearly stratified environment, Environmental Fluid Mechanics. Vol.15, No.6, Pg.1241-1262, (2015).
12) Sinha, Avick, Gopalakrishnan, Shivasubramanian and Balasubramanian, Sridhar, A numerical study on dynamics of spray jets, Sadhana (Springer India Publication). Vol.40, No.3, Pg.787-802, (2015).
13) G. Orlicz, S. Balasubramanian, K. Prestridge, Investigation of Mach Number Dependence on the Richtmyer-Meshkov Mixing Transition for a Shocked Heavy-Gas Curtain, International Symposium on Shock Waves. Pg.1101-1106, (2015).
14) Orlicz, G.C., Balasubramanian, S., Vorobieff, P., Prestridge K.P., Mixing transition in a shocked variable-density flow, Physics of Fluids. Vol.27, No.114102, Pg.1-23, (2015).
15) Avick Sinha, Shivasubramanian Gopalakrishnan, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Internal and external characteristics of a superheated jet, Computational Methods in Multiphase Flow VIII. Vol.89, Pg.225, (2015).
16) K.P. Prestridge, G.C. Orlicz, S. Balasubramanian & B.J. Balakumar, Review: Experiments of the Richtmyer-Meshkov instability, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. Vol.371, No.2003, (2013).
17) Orlicz, G. C. and Balasubramanian, S. and Prestridge, K. P., Incident shock Mach number effects on Richtmyer-Meshkov mixing in a heavy gas layer, Physics of Fluids. Vol.25, No.11, (2013).
18) Balasubramanian, S. & Ecke, R.E., Experimental Study of Rayleigh-Bénard Convection in the Presence of Rotation, International Journal of Materials, Mechanics & Manufacturing. Vol.1, No.2, Pg.148-152, (2013).
19) S. Balasubramanian and G. C. Orlicz and K. P. Prestridge, Experimental study of initial condition dependence on turbulent mixing in shock-accelerated Richtmyer-Meshkov fluid layers, Journal of Turbulence. Vol.14, No.3, Pg.170-196, (2013).
20) Balasubramanian, S., Orlicz, G.C., Prestridge K.P., Balakumar B.J., Experimental study of initial condition dependence on Richtmyer-Meshkov instability in the presence of reshock, Physics of Fluids. Vol.24, No.3, (2012).
21) Balakumar, B.J., Orlicz, G.C., Balasubramanian, S., Ristorcelli, J.R., Prestridge K.P., Turbulent mixing in a Richtmyer-Meshkov fluid layer after reshock: Velocity & density statistics, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Vol.696, Pg.67-93, (2012).
22) C.A. Klettner, S. Balasubramanian, J.C.R. Hunt, H.J.S. Fernando, S. I. Voropayev & I. Eames, Drawdown and run-up of tsunami waves on sloping beaches, Proceedings of the ICE - Engineering and Computational Mechanics. Vol.165, Pg.119-129, (2012).
23) K Prestridge, S. Balasubramanian, G Orlicz, Effect of initial conditions on mixing in Richtmyer-Meshkov turbulence experiments, International Symposium on Shock Waves. Pg.321-327, (2012).
24) GC Orlicz, S Balasubramanian, KP Prestridge, BJ Balakumar, Investigation of Mach number effects on the Richtmyer-Meshkov instability using simultaneous PIV and PLIF imaging diagnostics, AIAA Journal. Vol.3709, Pg.9, (2011).
25) Balasubramanian, S., Prestridge K.P., Orlicz, G.C., Balakumar B.J., Influence of initial conditions on turbulent mixing in shock driven Richtmyer-Meshkov flows, AIAA Journal. Vol.3710, Pg.11, (2011).
26) Balasubramanian, S., Voropayev, S.I., Fernando, H.J.S., Heterogeneous sediment beds under weak oscillatory flow and turbulence: Ripples transformation and decay, Ocean Engineering. Vol.38, No.17-18, Pg.2281-2289, (2011).
27) A Gowardhan, S Balasubramanian, FF Grinstein, K Prestridge, Analysis of computational and laboratory shocked gas-curtain experiments, AIAA Journal. Vol.3040, Pg.9, (2011).
28) BJ Balakumar, KP Prestridge, G Orlicz, S. Balasubramanian, C Tomkins, High resolution experimental measurements of Richtmyer-Meshkov Turbulence in Fluid Layers after Reshock using Simultaneous PIV-PLIF, AIP Conference Proceedings. Vol.1195, No.1, Pg.659-662, (2010).
29) Balasubramanian, S., Voropayev, S.I., Fernando, H.J.S., Grain sorting and degradation of sand ripples under oscillatory flow and turbulence, Journal of Turbulence. Vol.9, No.17, Pg.1-19, (2008).
30) Fernando, H.J.S., Samarawickrama, S.P., Balasubramanian, S., Hettiarachchi, S.S.L., Voropayev, S.I., Effects of porous barriers such as coral reefs on coastal wave propagation, Journal of Hydro- Environment Research. Vol.1, No.3-4, Pg.187-194, (2008).
31) S.I. Voropayev, S. Balasubramanian & H.J.S. Fernando, Grain sorting on sand ripples in heterogeneous sediments, Journal of Visualization. Vol.11, No.1, (2008).
32) F.Y. Testik, S.I. Voropayev, H.J.S. Fernando & S. Balasubramanian, Mine burial in the shoaling zone: scaling of laboratory results to oceanic situations, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. Vol.32, No.1, Pg.204-213, (2007).
33) S.I. Voropayev, F.Y. Testik, H.J.S. Fernando & S. Balasubramanian, Sediment transport, ripple dynamics and object burial under shoaling waves, Particle Laden Flow: From Geophysical to Kolmogorov Scales. Vol.11, Pg.15-27, (2007).
34) F.Y. Testik, S.I. Voropayev, S. Balasubramanian & H.J.S. Fernando, Self-similarity of asymmetric sand-ripple profiles formed under nonlinear shoaling waves, Physics of Fluids. Vol.18, No.10, (2006).